The first time someone said to me we’re having “chicken and pasta”, I have to admit it wasn’t exactly dying to try it. For me, pasta was a traditional mince Bolognese sauce. We were having dinner at a friends house so it wasn’t exactly a situation I could turn round and say that I didn’t like the sound of it. Not to worry though as it became one of my favourite meals and is a firm favourite with everyone that had it since. The following recipe feeds 4 and takes roughly 35 minutes to make with relative ease.
- 350g/12oz Rigatoni
- 225g/8oz fresh or frozen peas
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2.5cm/1in cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200ml/71fl oz chicken stock
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4tbsp chopped fresh mint/ 1 tbsp mint sauce if preferred
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 200-300ml carton creme fraiche
- A sprinkling of Salt and Pepper if desired
- Boil the pasta in salted water for 10-12 minutes and add the peas for the last 3 minutes.
- Once you’ve heated the butter and oil in a large frying pan, add the red pepper and until it starts to brown before removing to a bowl or plate.
- Cook the chicken and onion in the pan for 8 minutes over a low heat until the chicken is browned.
- Add the garlic for the last minute.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, cook for 3 minutes to reduce to half.
- Stir in the red pepper, mint mustard and creme fraiche. Season with pepper and salt if desired.
- Drain the pasta before stirring in the chicken and serve.
If you liked this recipe them please be sure to give this post a little like share it with someone you think would like it. Let me know if there are any recipes you think I’d like and leave a comment if you give it a try, would love to know what you think.